Monday, October 25, 2010

Multitudes...

On a morning when I can hardly see past the blur of tears...

On a day when my life is not where I wish...

At a time when I feel no nudge from His hand, "...go this way..."

In a moment when I feel all the demands of this life crashing down upon me with a weight more heavy than I can bear...

I find, still, that I have much to be thankful for:

161. A gentle rain on a fall evening.

162. The way the brilliant colors creep across each tree.

163. A finished knit.

164. Crunchy leaves under my feet.

165. Pumpkins, cornstalks & piles of ghords.

166. A day at the pumpkin patch.

167. Little boys, picking big pumpkins.

168. A dinner with my Nani & Popi.

169. A fresh baked apple pie.

I may not be able to hear His voice today; I may not be able to feel His direction; but I can see the work of His Hand all around me.


holy experience

2 comments:

  1. Oh, God bless you dear sister in Christ! It is indeed a gift to be able to count our blessings when our heart is longing to see Him and feel His comforting touch.
    I join you in gratitude for fresh baked apple pie...yum, yum!
    blessings and grace to you
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. This past two days has been full of tears and not what I wish. Worse than that, it is of my own doing...again. Can I ever learn? Can I ever do and say the right thing, and walk in complete confidence in Christ?

    Yes, you have the right idea. Keep giving thanks. Tomorrow is a new day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you (as long as you're not a robot.)!