Monday, February 15, 2010

What Can I Say?

I'm so. far. behind.

I think I might be somewhere in the ballpark of 9 or 10 days behind, but I'm too afraid to actually count.

I don't really know how it happened.

Mondays & Wednesdays are tough for me. I have many students, lots of paperwork and very little time for anything outside of my work and family responsibilities.

I think I got a couple days behind...

And then it completely snowballed on me.

As in, "Run, Indiana Jones! Run from the ginormous boulder of unread Bible pages that is chasing you! Run!!!"

{Deep breath}

But all is well. I am not panicking. Yet.

March first is over a week away. That's my be-caught-up date. I will be caught up by march 1.

I want to stay caught up for the rest of the challenge. So that I can finish on time.

Wait. Let me rephrase that: I will stay caught up for the rest of the challenge so that I can finish on time.

Here's how I'm going to do it: I am going to multitask it a bit by taking my Bible with me everywhere. I can bang out at least a half hour of reading every other morning while I do cardio. I can read for 5-10 minutes between a couple of sessions at work (since I rarely take a lunch), but on the days that I do take a lunch, I can read then. I will also be reading while I wait for Ty's bus in the afternoons, as well as the time between me getting everything ready for the next day & me going to bed (which is sometimes only about 10 minutes...).

And speaking of going to bed, I should be headed that way now... I just started Job today. The entire story of Job makes me so sad. But I shall read it and glean what I can from it anyway.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Just keep at it! I take my Bible with me or my iPod Touch, because I have a Bible on there also (and a cool app that has the B90days reading plan stored!) Either way I always have it with me so that I can read while I wait, or if I have a few spare minutes. You'll get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mine on the iPod app just in case, by prefer to tote my bible with me so I can scribble. I'm a scribbler!

    Also, I got a week in to b90x and the quit. Then I un-quit last week. Currently on Day 17 and my church is on Day 43 ... About to finish Joshua and Judges before bed.

    I'm so encouraged to know (well, sorta) another music therapist on this journey. Way cool!

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep at it, you'll do fine! Sending lots of encouragement and reading time thoughts your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful that you're reading the Bible in 90 days. I am just reading all the way through a few chapters a day. Right now, I'm in the beginning of Exodus. I don't want to rush through the Bible and not know what the heck I'm reading. LOL purposedrivenlife4you at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you (as long as you're not a robot.)!