Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean...

Didn't there used to be more words in that jingle?

Anyway, I love my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I have used it to clean an embarrassing buildup of grease on the back of my stove.

I have used it to clean smudges from my walls.

I have even used it to clean scuff marks off my kitchen floor.

I thought I had found every possible use for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

And then, as is so typical for him, Riley discovered a new use for it. (He's very mischievous talented, you know.)

That is my sort of new laminate floor.

That is very permanent marker on my sort of new laminate floor.

I will spare you a photo of the wide eyed look of shock (yes, shock, I say) I had on my face when I saw this.

I initially wondered how on earth he got hold of a permanent marker. (He realized that he can open up a whole new world of possibilities for himself if he just moves the step stool over to the kitchen counter. Resourceful little chap, isn't he?)

Then I wondered how on earth I would get it off of my floor. Then I realized that I would probably never get it off my floor. (It was right in the middle of the walkway, too... no way to cover it with a rug or strategically placed plant stand.)

So, I pulled out the usual remedies.

I tried vinegar. Didn't work.
I tried 409. Nope.
I tried Windex. Nada.
I tried warm soapy water and a scrub brush. Oh dear.
I tried Woolite carpet cleaner. Hey, it's still a floor, right?
I tried hot, bitter tears of hopelessness.

I had pretty much given up when I saw that little sponge sitting quietly under the sink. I didn't think it would work. But I didn't think it would hurt, either.

Approximately 10 seconds later, my floor looked like this:
Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean...

Good. as. new.

And that, my friends, is why I LOVE my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

This is the part where I'm supposed to tell you that I have absolutely no relationship with Mr. Clean or the makers of his Magic Eraser.  My infatuation with him and his cleaning products is completely platonic and one-sided. I get no benefit from sharing the wonders of this product with you. I'm pretty sure that you, also, get no benefit from me sharing the wonders of this product with you. But kudos to you if you've read through this very boring and mostly pointless post to this point. Kudos to you.

1 comment:

  1. I did read through this all. I'm slightly amazed that you thought of taking a before picture. I always wish I would have taken before photos, but I don't realize it until it is too late.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you (as long as you're not a robot.)!