Thursday, April 22, 2010

This and That

1) I absolutely LOVED this week's episode of Glee. If your DVR missed part of it (because of AI) you can go to hulu.com and watch it. It's totally worth it; the last number was awesome.

2) Speaking of our boys, Tyson brought home a new project from school. Since he is nearing the end of first grade, they are beginning to work on project-type assignments. Each student in the class has been assigned a different Beatrix Potter book to read. They will then be making watercolor stick puppets of the main character and doing an oral book report for the class. The book that Ty has been assigned is called, "A Squirrel Called Nutkin." I would like to know if anyone else has read this book, or if anyone's kids have read the book. I would love to hear what you have to say about it... because I'll be posting my thoughts on the story later this weekend. If you are familiar with the story, will you please leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it? If you haven't read it and would like to, it's public domain and is available on several internet sites. It's a quick read.

3) Speaking of Tyson, he started therapeutic listening today. I can't begin to explain how it works in this scatter-brained short post, but basically, he listens to electronically modified music through these ginormous bulbous rather large headphones which further alter the music. He does this for 30 minutes, two times each day. It is meant to better organize his cochlear-vestibular system. I will post more about this later, too. But I had to mention it because I am cautiously hopeful and praying that this will be just what he needs to get him on track. He listened this afternoon, and I'm not really sure if I saw a difference... but it was only the first time. So I guess we'll see.

4) The garden is planted! And is struggling to remain alive whilst the plants figure out how to grow in the terrible soil I have. It is seriously. bad. If we ever need to go back to making clay pots or bowls or houses, my garden is full of the stuff we'll need. I still need to get the corn, spinach and a few other things planted, but for now I'm very tense about the whole thing. These first couple of weeks are what will determine how much produce we harvest later this summer. I got the soaker hose put out tonight... just in time for the rain! (And please, don't ever tell me that God doesn't have a sense of humor. I'm quite sure he chuckles over me often.)

5)There are only FIVE MORE WEEKS OF SCHOOL!!!!! (Yes, for the record, when you were in school, counting down the days and fighting off spring fever... the teachers were much, much worse than you. That's the dirty little secret of school faculty: when it comes to snow days and vacations, they are far worse than the students!)

6) I do appreciate that you stopped by! And I hope you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you (as long as you're not a robot.)!